Have you ever read a book whose overall plot might not be as compelling or new and yet every minute spent reading that book felt totally worth it?
Or have you read a book whose plot was great but the climax fell short and yet you don’t regret reading that book or series? Or have you read a book which had a great plot and no faults but even if did, you know you’ll still read it regardless?
Chances are its because the author had such a captivating writing style that regardless of the xyz issues, you just loved the experience of that book as whole. You were probably so immersed in the world that the author created (and did it so brilliantly) that all the small issues were overlooked and not just this once but every time for that author.
Here is the list of 5 such authors whose writing style I absolutely love! Every time there is any news of a new book release from any of these 5 authors, I know I have to read it as soon as the book is out.
So without further ado, here’s the list of authors you should definitely follow if you arent already following:
1. Mariana Zapata
Mariana Zapata, with 9 best selling books under her hood, is one such author who makes you fall in love with her characters along the journey. You may not like them at beginning but by the end of the book she builds every character arcs with such finesse , that you will understand why every character did what they did or why the story took the following turn. Her books could easily be described as what we bookworms term as ‘slow burns’ and any one who likes to read romance, knows that a slow-burn romance tops everything else!
Want to know more about her or read her books? Below is everything you need to begin reading today!
- Genre : Romance, New Adult, Contemporary.
- Book to can start with [Romance] :The Wall of Winnipeg and Me.
- Author Goodreads : Mariana Zapata
- Author Twitter: marianazapata_
- Website : https://www.marianazapata.com/
2. Francesca Zappia
Francesca Zappia with just 2 book releases yet, is already a name you would already know. And if you dont then today is your lucky day!
She writes these simple stories which are packed with such subtle but powerful messages that you truly feel that, along with a great read you learned something valuable. Her books are packed with deep emotions and a great deal about mental health but those narratives are often under the guise of romance/young adult genre in such beautiful way that you will finish the book with such ‘feels’. Also if you are a fangirl/booknerd then relativity factor with the characters (mainly protagonist) will be as good as 100%.
Intrigued? Then everything you need to know is linked below:
- Genre : Mental Health, Romance, Young Adult, Contemporary.
- Book to can start with [Romance] : Made You Up.
- Author Goodreads : Francesca Zappia
- Author Twitter: chessiezappia
- Website : http://www.francescazappia.com/
Ps. She is also a fabulous artists! Check out her art work on her website 🙂
3. Tahereh Mafi
Tahereh Mafi writes series as well as stand-alone books and though she has multiple works, my introduction to her amazing writing style was done via her Shatter Me series. Her words have such ethereal effect! I remember reading Shatter Me and though the story was good but it didn’t blow my mind or anything and it was because off her unique writing style where she adds such beautiful verses that made me look forward to book 2 and then 3 and now by extension, all her work in general. Having said that i also need to add that regardless, the world building is also really fascinating.
“I spent my life folded between the pages of books.
In the absence of human relationships I formed bonds with paper characters. I lived love and loss through stories threaded in history; I experienced adolescence by association. My world is one interwoven web of words, stringing limb to limb, bone to sinew, thoughts and images all together. I am a being comprised of letters, a character created by sentences, a figment of imagination formed through fiction.”
― Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me
“Words, I think, are such unpredictable creatures.
No gun, no sword, no army or king will ever be more powerful than a sentence. Swords may cut and kill, but words will stab and stay, burying themselves in our bones to become corpses we carry into the future, all the time digging and failing to rip their skeletons from our flesh.”
― Tahereh Mafi, Ignite Me
If you want to read Fiction/Dystopia with perfect blend of romance story-line with even better writing flow, do check her work out. You can find her info below:
- Genre :Fiction, Science-Fiction, Fantasy, Dystopia, Romance, Young Adult, Contemporary, Children(Middle Grade).
- Series to can start with [Sci-Fi/Dystopia/YA/Romance] : Shatter Me
- Book to start with [Contemporary] : A Very Large Expanse of Sea
- Series to start with [Children] : Furthermore
- Author Goodreads : Tahereh Mafi
- Author Twitter: taherehmafi
- Website : https://www.taherehbooks.com/
4. Jennifer. L. Armentrout
Jennifer L Armentrout is an author whose work I have been following way before YA/NA even became mainstream. She used to write under pen-name J.Lynn until 2012 when she started writing under her real name. In a way her books like the Lux series and Covenant series are what made me interested in fantasy/Sci-fi genres and I could even say that the book nerd in me was born due to her books. Again an author who gives you guaranteed satisfaction and the best part, she has so many books that you will never feel lost after completing one. You can just dive in to a new series or even standalone and get the same goodness again with new characters!
Want to get rid of a book slump? Start with her books right away!
- Genre :Fiction, Science-Fiction, Fantasy, Dystopia, Romance, Young Adult, New Adult, Contemporary, Paranormal, Mythology, Urban Fantasy, Mystery, Thriller.
- Series to can start with [Sci-Fi/Paranormal/Romance] : Lux Series Or Covenant Series
- Book to start with [Mystery/Thriller/Contemporary] : Till Death
- Upcoming [YA/Fantasy/Romance] : Storm and Fury
- Author Goodreads : Jennifer L Armentrout
- Author Twitter: JLArmentrout
- Website : https://jenniferlarmentrout.com/
5. Kim Holden
Kim Holden does romance with high emotions consistently like no other! Want to read book with themes like enemies-to-lovers, H/h dies, love-triangles, second-chance-romance, angst, book-bf-worth, etc. than her books are perfect for you. Within a single story she manages to take you through various arcs and emotions that at the end you feel overwhelmed but in a good way. I have yet to meet anyone who has read a Kim Holden novel and have been thoroughly disappointed or left the book at DNF. Her books sure are a roller coaster ride but one you will definitely want to try again.
Though she doesn’t have a large number of works, but the ones she has are worth going through at least once! Info below:
- Genre :Fiction, Fantasy, Romance, Young Adult, New Adult, Contemporary, Paranormal.
- Series to can start with [Contemporary/YA/Romance] : Bright Side.
- Book to start with [Fantasy/Paranormal] : All of It.
- Author Goodreads : Kim Holden
- Author Twitter: –
- Website : http://www.kimholdenbooks.com/
Chances are you have definitely come across at least one of these authors regardless if you are a new reader or have been reading since ages. If you like one of them, you will for sure love the others as well. So if you are ever going through a book slump or finish a book and wanna read something similar than pick up any book from these authors and you will certainly have a good time.
Do you also have any such authors whose work you will always be up to read? Leave your recommendations in the comments below and i will surely check them out!
Happy Reading! 😀